September 18-20, 2017, Bari, Italy
Sponsor: IEEE Intelligent Transportation System Society
Conference Theme: Optimisation and Control Approaches in Transportation and Logistic Systems
The 2017 IEEE International Conference on Service Operations and Logistics, and Informatics will be held on September 18-20, 2017, in Bari, Italy. This conference will provide a remarkable opportunity for the academic and industrial communities in the areas of Service Operations, Logistics, and Informatics, to address new challenges and share solutions, and discuss future research directions. The specific objectives of the modern Logistics and Transportation Challenges are ‘smart, green and integrated services’ to achieve planning, scheduling and transport systems that are resource-efficient, climate- and environmentally-friendly, safe and seamless for the benefit of citizens, economy and society. Moreover, the increasing complexity of logistic systems, modelled as systems of systems, and the rapid advancements of Information and Communication Technologies require the development of innovative models, control and optimization approaches and lead to the definition of novel problems with respect to the related literature.
Technical topics of the conference include but are not limited to:
- Performance evaluation of new hardware and software technologies to support smart logistics systems.
- Planning, scheduling and coordination problems arising from the implementation of new hardware, software or data architectures.
- Impact of novel automation, information and data architectures on the design of logistics systems and supply chains.
- Innovative interfacing of hardware, software and data resources to support smart logistics.
- Intelligent transportation and distribution systems: theory and application.
- Management information systems in logistics.
- System-level approaches to cooperative logistics.
- Automation and Informatics for Intelligent Transportation Systems
- Automatic and intelligent control applications in logistics systems at the factory, warehouse, transportation or supply chain levels.
- Normative, legal, security and privacy issues in logistics and their impact on logistics system design and control.
- Intra-factory logistics and material handling for manufacturing and production systems
- Warehouses, distribution centres, and transport terminals
- Freight transportation systems (seaports, railroads, trucking systems, package express)
- Smart logistics for smart cities
- Logistics for Healthcare Systems (biomaterials, pharmaceuticals)
- Automated and Internet-based Workflow Management Systems
Complete manuscripts must be electronically submitted through the conference website http://dei.poliba.it/soli2017
Submitted manuscripts should be within six (6) pages in IEEE two-column format, including figures, tables, and references. Please use the templates at Manuscript Templates for IEEE Conference Proceedings from the conference website to prepare your paper.
- Special session proposals deadline: January 15, 2017 (NEW)
- Paper submission deadline: February 20, 2017
- Notification of acceptance: April 30, 2017
- Camera-ready copy due: June 30, 2017