AIMS & VISION
NeMo’s vision is to create a Hyper-Network of new and existing tools, models and services which will provide seamless interoperability of electro mobility services, creating an open, distributed and widely accepted ecosystem for electro-mobility.
NeMo will boost the market share of EVs by enabling increased accessibility to charging infrastructure, ICT services and wider B2B interconnectivity. NeMo will facilitate increased service availability, better planning and more secure electric grid operation, by making backend data and services accessible to the right actors and bringing down digital (interfaces) and physical (location) barriers.
NeMo’s objectives are to:
1. Design and develop a Hyper-Network of electro-mobility services
Enabling the provision of seamless and interoperable ICT services, to all users and actors relevant to e-mobility (including smart charging and grid/energy-oriented services) throughout Europe.
2. Develop the backbone of this Hyper-Network
by creating common information models for objects, data and services:
- creating common information models for objects, data and services introducing a set of ICT interfaces which will facilitate the communication and data access for all electro mobility related actors
- introducing a set of ICT interfaces which will facilitate the communication and data access for all electro mobility related actors developing a core system capable of providing ICT services
- developing a core system capable of providing ICT services
- developing a set of horizontal services to facilitate the creation of innovative and smart services
- creating a set of open APIs that will enable an open B2B Market place for electro mobility.
3. Develop a self-certification mechanism
Through conformity tools and processes to establish the quality and integrity of both data and services, enabling an efficient and affordable integration of new and multiple partners and services within the Hyper-Network
4. Develop a pan-European eRoaming framework
by linking existing e-mobility roaming platforms and by designing a common and open European Inter-Roaming protocol.
5. Address any operational and organisational issue arising from the increased B2B connectivity
Develop new business models and scenarios for all involved actors aiming at increased user based and new revenue opportunities.
NeMo aims to replicate the success of seamless roaming (as in mobile telecommunications) into the domain of e-mobility services.